Sunday, November 20, 2011

Easy Lego Brick Cookies


Will asked me to make Lego Brick cookies as his class snack for his Birthday.  My intentions were to make them from scratch but one day while shopping at Target an idea struck me and I ran with it. (It was two days before his snack day)

Supplies:

Pepperidge Farms Chessman cookies
Wilton cookie icing (Target had a 3 pack with red, white and green.  I added blue food coloring to the white to make blue)
M & M's

Directions:

Flip your Chessman cookies over and outline them with the icing, let sit just briefly.  Next fill in the rest of the icing and then just arrange your M & M's. Next just allow the icing to dry overnight.  I put mine in a cupcake carrier so it would be airtight. 

  Eventually I will make the Lego Brick Cookies from scratch but these were a hit with Will's class and the kids didn't mind that they weren't made from scratch.   The best part is kids can makes these too.

2 comments:

Macey said...

Those are adorable! I just did a Lego party for my 6 year old's birthday! :)

Amber said...

I just made these today for my son to bring to his K class tomorrow. Thanks SOOO much for posting this easy, cute idea!!